Over 100 million people in the US have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
- More than 100 million people in the US have received at least one
- The CDC said those doses cover over 30% of the US population.
- More than 56 million people in the US have been fully vaccinated.
Over 100 million people in the United States have received at least one dose of a
According to the CDC, the milestone doses cover more than 30% of the US population.
More than 57 million people in the US have been fully vaccinated, either through the two-dose Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines or the one-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Of the fully vaccinated people, over 28 million received both Pfizer-BioNTech doses, over 24 million received both Moderna shots, and over 3 million received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
President Joe Biden has said there will be enough vaccine doses for every adult in the US by the end of May.
According to a COVID-19 vaccine tracker from The New York Times, providers are administering about 2.9 million vaccine doses a day.
Biden had promised that the US would administer 100 million vaccines by his 100th day in office, but he surpassed that number weeks ahead of his goal.
Read more: Here's how young and healthy people are getting vaccinated early. It's totally legal, and they're doing good in the process.
Now, Biden has said he hopes to have administered 200 million doses by his 100th day in office.
Until a large majority of the country is vaccinated, however, people will have to continue to take precautions to help prevent the spread of the disease.
The CDC last month released new guidelines for fully vaccinated people. Full immunity doesn't kick in until two weeks after getting the second shot of the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines or two weeks after getting the Johnson & Johnson shot, the agency said.
The CDC also said that fully protected people could hug and gather indoors with other fully vaccinated people without masks.
- Sennheiser Profile USB Streaming Set review: The go-to microphone for those starting their streaming or podcasting journey
- LIC to Wipro and Vodafone Idea: Stocks which hit a new 52-week low today
- Project Tiger to complete 50 years of tiger conservation next month
- Early-stage startups keen on hiring for mid and junior roles, says a FICCI survey
- SEBI recovers dues worth ₹6.57 crore from Sahara Group firms, Subrata Roy & others