Photos show one of the first drive-through coronavirus testing stations in the US, where people with a doctor's note get tested for free
Brad McGinley Photography/Getty Images
- The number of coronavirus cases in the US continues to rise as health officials work to contain the spread of the virus nationwide.
- Drive-through testing sites allow people to be tested for the virus from their cars without exposing others to infection.
- Here's what it's like at one of the first drive-through testing facilities in the US, located in Denver, Colorado.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
On March 11, Denver, Colorado became one of the first cities in the US to implement drive-through coronavirus testing free to patients with a doctor's notes. The first drive-through testing facility opened in Seattle, Washington earlier in the week.The new sites allow medical staff to safely test patients with virus symptoms who have recently traveled to high-risk areas or have been in close contact with people who have tested positive. Advertisement
The efforts aim to address the delays faced by people trying to get tested as US coronavirus testing capacity slowly ramps up.
Here's what the Denver facility looks like.
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
The new drive-through coronavirus testing station opened in Denver on March 11.
The station offers testing free to people with a doctor's note confirmed they meet criteria for possible coronavirus infection.Advertisement
Patients should expect test results within 72 hours, according to officials, and should quarantine at home while they wait.
160 people were tested at the Denver site the day it opening. At least 33 cases have been confirmed positive across Colorado so far.Advertisement
Drive-through testing is one way to mitigate widespread problems with coronavirus diagnosis test access in the US.
Similar testing sites have been established in California, Washington, and around the world.Advertisement
- HM commanders channelised drug smuggling money in J&K to support terror activities: NIA
- What is gender lens investing? Sangita Reddy, Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Nandini Piramal, and Vani Kola share their thoughts
- Luxury icons Sabyasachi and Oberoi open up about their 'perfectionist quirks' like checking the color of egg yolks and slashing clothes so they can’t hit the edit table
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi warns against complacency in the fight against COVID-19
- Best budget smartphone deals under ₹20,000 in the Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale 2020