Read the pitch deck that buzzy startup Devoted Health used to reach a $1.8 billion valuation before it signed up a single customer
Devoted Health wants to change the way the U.S. takes care of its senior citizens, and it has big plans in its first five years to do just that.
The startup, which has been gathering lots of buzz in the last year, was founded to sell private health insurance plans to U.S. seniors, a market that is growing rapidly as Baby Boomers age.
Using one pitch deck, Devoted Health managed to secure $300 million from investors in a funding round led by Andreessen Horowitz late last year, with a valuation of $1.8 billion - all before it signed up a single customer.
But the deck also outlined the company's aggressive plans for its first five years. Devoted Health planned to sign up 5,000 members for 2019 and grow that to 103,722 by 2023. It expects to make about $1.2 billion in revenue in 2023 while generating a small net loss.
Here's what else Devoted Health laid out in the pitch deck:
- How the company, in part, plans to make money by owning its own medical group in addition to the insurance operation
- Its plan to take on the healthcare giants in Medicare Advantage
- Why it thinks it can generate better margins than other Medicare Advantage health insurers
- How the company can eclipse 100,000 members
- And more about the company's aggressive five-year plan
BI Prime is publishing dozens of stories like this each and every day. Want to get started by reading the full pitch deck?
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months