Scientists are making flip-flops out of algae that are 100% biodegradable - and it could reduce plastic pollution
- Researchers at UC San Diego have figured out how to turn
algaeand plants into 100% biodegradableflip-flops.
sandalsaren't yet available in stores, but the researchers founded a startup to try to make that happen.
- Investors have poured billions of dollars into algae research, and it could signal the future of eco-conscious clothing.
Popular on BI
- Flights could get bumpier as climate change makes air turbulence much more frequent
- A Swiggy user from Hyderabad spends Rs 6 lakh ordering idlis in a year
- Repo rate hike will slow down real estate, reverse post-Covid trends, says industry body to RBI
- Small stocks lag behind in FY23; take bigger hit than bluechip firms
- Tamil Nadu says 'nahi to dahi' over Hindi name on curd packets