Striking photo shows a wall of traders on an auction floor in China working with masks on amid spread of coronavirus
- Traders on an auction floor in Kunming, Yunnan province in China are seen in this photo wearing masks as the coronavirus spreads through the country.
- The virus has killed more than 1,100 people and infected more than 45,000.
- Now officially named COVID-19, the virus has spread to at least 25 countries.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Traders at a flower auction in China were seen working while wearing masks to protect against the spread of the coronavirus, now officially called COVID-19, as the virus spreads throughout the country.The auction floor is in Kunming, Yunnan, a province in southern China that borders Myanmar, Laos, and Vietnam. The city is about 973 miles (1566 kilometers) from Wuhan, Hubei province, where the virus spread from.
In January, China deployed drones around the country to scold residents for being outside of their homes.The virus has killed more than 1,100 people and infected more than 45,000 around the world, spreading to at least 25 countries outside of China.
The US has recorded 13 cases in six states, from California to Washington to Massachussetts.
- October auto sales estimates — Here’s what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto, and other automakers
- Upcoming bike launches in November: From Ducati Multistrada to Royal Enfield Meteor and KTM 250, to 2021 Honda CB1000R, here’s the list
- Researchers identify new drug to treat Covid-19 patients
- Ice drug worth 2 crore seized, 2 held
- Nearly a third of RIL’s profit is shaved off by the dent in refining