The US surpassed 116,000 daily new COVID-19 cases, again breaking the record for highest single-day count
- The US surpassed 116,000 daily new
COVID-19cases on Thursday, again breaking the record for highest single-day count of new infections since the pandemicbegan, according to The COVID Tracking Project.
- The daily death toll reached 1,124 as hospitalizations continue to sharply rise.
- Experts have warned the US is entering the deadliest stage of the pandemic, with Dr. Anthony Fauci saying Americans are "in for a whole lot of hurt."
The US surpassed 116,000 daily new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, again breaking the record for the highest single-day count of new infections since the pandemic began, according to The COVID Tracking Project.
The daily death toll reached 1,124, as hospitalizations continue to sharply rise, The
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the top US infectious disease expert, said last week that Americans are "in for a whole lot of hurt" with the oncoming surge, saying the country needs to make an "abrupt change."
Fauci said the US is poorly positioned as the upcoming winter season approaches with more people congregating indoors.
Dr. Deborah Birx, who serves on the White House coronavirus task force along with Fauci, said the most "deadly wave" is coming to the US. In internal reports, Birx said "much more aggressive action" is needed.
As hospitalizations rise, some hospitals say they are not prepared to handle the surges they are experiencing.
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Poco X5 Pro Review - Solid performance, boring design
- PM launches 20% ethanol blended petrol in 11 states/UTs
- ITC stock scales 52-week high as brokerages hike target price
- Last mile deliveries, food aggregators to drive E2W growth says Redseer
- Poco’s mid-range smartphone X5 Pro 5G launched in India starting at ₹22,999