We got a look at the slide deck a health insurance startup is using to raise $25 million for its bet that pharmacists can help it take on the red-hot Medicare Advantage market
Courtesy Rx Clinic Pharmacy
- We got our hands on the pitch deck that health insurance startup Troy Medicare is using to raise an additional $25 million.
- Troy Medicare offers Medicare Advantage plans to seniors in North Carolina with an unusual twist: the plan pays community pharmacists to keep their members healthier.
- Here's a look at the startup's approach to the red-hot Medicare Advantage market, which has attracted hundreds of millions in venture funding.
- Click here for more BI Prime stories.
Troy Medicare offers Medicare Advantage plans to seniors in North Carolina with an unusual twist: the plan pays community pharmacists to keep their members healthier. It's in its first year of offering health plans.
The company is currently raising a $25 million Series B funding round, and we obtained a copy of the deck the company's team is using to pitch investors.
It's a much smaller amount compared to other Medicare Advantage startups that have taken in hundreds of millions early on to fuel their growth and compete with the industry's leaders.
"Troy Medicare's progress has surpassed all expectations," Troy CEO Flaviu Simihaian told Business Insider in response to a request for comment. "By empowering local providers and pharmacies with streamlined operations and fair pricing, each member receives the best, tailored, hyper-local care. Now, we are focused on scaling the Troy model to more states."
Competition for the 22 million Americans enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans, and the thousands signing up daily as they turn 65, is fierce. Medicare Advantage is a privately run alternative to the traditional Medicare program, which provides medical coverage for seniors and some others in the US.
Here's a look at Troy's pharmacy-driven approach to taking on the massive market.
Featured Digital Health Articles:
- Telehealth Industry: Benefits, Services & Examples
- Value-Based Care Model: Pay-for-Performance Healthcare
- Senior Care & Assisted Living Market Trends
- Smart Medical Devices: Wearable Tech in Healthcare
- AI in Healthcare
- Remote Patient Monitoring Industry: Devices & Market Trends
- An Apple executive is leaving the company after being filmed joking about fondling 'big-breasted women' in a viral TikTok video
- Bill Gates says political polarization 'may bring it all to an end' and could even lead to a civil war
- To beat the traffic of Bangalore, you can now book a 12-minute helicopter ride
- 22 lakh Indian IT professionals likely to leave jobs by 2025: Report
- OnePlus says successfully geared up for 5G launch with 5G-ready smartphone portfolio
- This website generates videos from a single image and text for free – here’s all you need to know
- Best smartwatches under ₹3000
- Oracle’s MySQL Heatwave is now available on Amazon Web Services