Elon Musk wishes long-time rival Jeff Bezos 'best of luck' for Blue Origin's flight to the edge of space
- Elon Musk wished Jeff Bezos "best of luck" ahead of Blue Origin's flight to the edge of space.
- Bezos is set for an 11-minute flight on Tuesday on the New Shepard rocket.
- Billionaires Musk and Bezos have been feuding on and off for 15 years.
Elon Musk on wished Jeff Bezos luck ahead of the former Amazon CEO's first flight to space, which is scheduled for Tuesday.
"Best of luck tomorrow!" Musk tweeted overnight, in reply to a post from Blue Origin about Bezos and his crewmates completing training ahead of launch. Bezos owns Blue Origin, which he founded in 2000.
-Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 20, 2021
Musk, the CEO of Blue Origin rival SpaceX, tweeted hours before Bezos and three others are scheduled to fly to the edge of space on Blue Origin's New Shepard rocket. The journey should last 11 minutes.
The crew is set to float in zero gravity for three minutes to when the rocket reaches a height of 62 miles above the Earth's surface.
Musk and Bezos' relationship has been rocky since they met 15 years ago.
On July 17, Musk commented "haha" on a meme mocking Bezos' upcoming space flight. In the past, Musk has also called Bezos a copycat.
Musk founded SpaceX in 2002. Among other missions, SpaceX hopes to colonize Mars, and billionaire Musk has pledged to sell all his possessions to fund the project.
Blue Origin's space flight marks another milestone for the commercialization of space travel - a goal which Bezos, Musk, and Virgin Galactic's Richard Branson all share. Branson became the first billionaire to reach the edge of space on July 11.
- Beijing says it's 'natural' for the US to 'feel sour' after Boeing loses out to Airbus on $37 billion China plane deal
- Ukraine's drones are becoming increasingly ineffective as Russia ramps up its electronic warfare and air defenses
- Coinbase-backed Indian crypto exchange Vauld suspends trading, deposits and withdrawals amid market downturn
- 30 large reservoirs in India dip to a decadal low after erratic rains in June
- Tata Motors, Kotak Mahindra Bank, IndusInd Bank among stocks to watch out for on July 5
- Best face wash for men in India
- Bajaj in top gear, Hero flat while Maruti declines – here’s how Indian auto cos performed in June 2022
- Revenge shopping and revenge travelling trends are simmering down in India