ISRO's first launch of 2020 will carry 10 satellites aboard its PSLV workhorse rocket on November 7
Indian Space ResearchOrganisation ( ISRO) is set for its first launch of the year on November 7.
- Using its ‘workhorse’ Polar
Satellite LaunchVehicle ( PSLV) rocket, the Indian space agency plans to put 10 new satellites into orbit — including its very own Earth Observation Satellite-1 (EOS-01).
- The other nine satellites onboard are international customer satellites.
“India’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle in its 51st mission, will launch EOS-01 as a primary satellite along with nine international customer satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre (SDSC). The launch is tentatively scheduled at 1502 hours IST on November 07, 2020, subject to weather conditions,” ISRO said in a statement.
#ISRO #PSLVC49 set to launch #EOS01 and 9 Customer Satellites from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota at 15… https://t.co/vaymO7Dv9s— ISRO (@isro) 1603890582000
GSAT 30 is the only other satellite, which has launched in 2020. However, it wasn’t from SDSC — India’s only spaceport — but Kourou in French Guiana by Arianespace.
ISRO’s 2020 launch plan derailed by COVID-19
ISRO had plans to launch new satellites month-on-month this year, especially with its Small Satellite Launch Vehicle (SSLV) coming into play. The Indian space agency is yet to share any updates about its development but will use the PSLV rocket to complete its scheduled launches.
The launch of India’s first geo-imaging satellite, GISAT-1, was scheduled to launch in March but was delayed as ISRO sent most of its employees back home due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Other ISRO projects like the notable Chandrayaan 3 mission and its first attempt at human spaceflight, the Gaganyaan mission, have also seen delays in the project pipeline.
- Thackeray seeks 'national vaccine distribution policy'
- Respite for slum dwellers along Delhi railway tracks as Centre tells SC that no coercive steps will be taken against them
- Farmers threaten to block highways after Haryana issues order to seal borders with Punjab for two days
- Telangana ready to administer Covid vaccine: KCR to PM
- Indian government has banned 220 Chinese apps so far – including PUBG Mobile, AliExpress, TikTok, ShareIt, and more