Inspired by Apollo’s lunar rover, a Russian designer creates a motorbike concept for the moon
- Moscow-based designer
Andrew Fabishevskiycreated the concept ‘ moon bike’.
lunar bikefeatures a simple and light design with “minimum styling elements.”
- It’s only a concept for now but Fabishevskiy hopes to turn it into a reality soon.
AdvertisementThere’s a lot to imagine what we could possibly use on the moon and it could be a motorbike according to this Russian automotive designer. Moscow-based designer Andrew Fabishevskiy has created a concept lunar motorbike that looks well, pretty cool.
Fabishevskiy shared the designs of the “NASA moto” on his blog where the motorbike is actually pictured on the lunar surface. The moon bike was inspired by the Lunar Roving Vehicle used on Apollo 15, 16 and 17, according to Space.com. Fabishevskiy also took the idea of a simple electric bike for this concept.
The lunar bike has two big wheels and features a trellis-like design holding inside the battery and important parts of the motorbike. The lunar bike also has the NASA branding which makes it stand out more. In reality, the lunar bike would be equipped with an electric suspension and electric in-wheels motors. It looks like a simple and clean design for a bike with nothing flashy, and this is what Fabishevskiy had in mind.
"The main design theme of this motorcycle is to make an object that looks like clear engineering, with minimum styling elements,” Fabishevskiy was quoted as saying by Space.com.
“I wanted to make a visually light object, such lightness is characteristic of machines designed for space, as well as the combination of materials that I used – lots of white and reflective materials," he added.
The idea first originated from a challenge on Instagram after which Fabishevskiy made a 3D model and it was later turned into a proper concept through a collaboration with Germany-based motorcycle design company Hookie Co. This is only a concept for now but Fabishevskiy hopes to build a full-size prototype later.
Here’s what space explorations in the very distant future could look like
Chinese EV maker unveils flying car planned to be launched by 2024
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day