Watch: Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti creates history with first TikTok video from International Space Station
Cristoforettiis a part of SpaceX's Crew-4 mission.
- Previously, Cristoforetti lived on a space station from November 2014 to June 2015.
- In a
TikTokvideo astronaut said, “Follow me to boldly go where no TikToker has gone before”.
Cristoforetti is part of SpaceX's Crew-4 mission, which arrived at the orbiting lab on April 27 for a six-month stay.
"Follow me to boldly go where no TikToker has gone before," the astronaut said in the 88-second TikTok video posted on May 5.
In the video Cristoforetti took her viewers through Crew-4's launch as well as introduced them to the mission's two zero-g indicators, a plush turtle named Zippy and a stuffed monkey called Etta, Space.com reported.
"Etta is short for 'scimmietta', which is Italian for 'little monkey,' of course," Cristoforetti says in the video.
Back on the International @Space_Station (and TikTok) https://t.co/oCgJSdWKcu— Samantha Cristoforetti (@AstroSamantha) 1651840000000
(Etta was the first plush toy that Cristoforetti bought for her daughter, Kelsey.)
"What questions do you have about life on the space station?" she asked her audience toward the end of the video, even as she floated in front of one of the orbiting lab's windows.
"Tell me in the comments. And remember: Follow me to boldly go where no TikToker has gone before."
Before Crew-4's launch, ESA officials noted that Cristoforetti is the first professional astronaut ever on the platform, "bringing space content and European research to a wider audience."
Cristoforetti had already posted a number of space-explainer videos on TikTok, but Thursday's was the first one she actually filmed in the final frontier, the report said.
Crew-4 is Cristoforetti's second spaceflight. She previously lived aboard the space station from November 2014 to June 2015.
Tinder developer sues Google over restrictive billing policies on Play Store
This Silicon Valley-based VC tells us why falling Indian startup stocks is a boon in disguise, for him
Popular on BI
- A laid-off Microsoft software engineer on an H1-B visa said she wonders 'where will I be living' with just 60 days to find a new job
- Mark Zuckerberg just ushered in a new era of tech, where profitability and efficiency trump perks and culture
- A Google engineer found out she had been laid off while she was on vacation when her boss sent her a LinkedIn message
- Poco X5 Pro Review - Solid performance, boring design
- PM launches 20% ethanol blended petrol in 11 states/UTs
- ITC stock scales 52-week high as brokerages hike target price
- Last mile deliveries, food aggregators to drive E2W growth says Redseer
- Poco’s mid-range smartphone X5 Pro 5G launched in India starting at ₹22,999