Sears is closing 20 more stores - here's the full list
The company announced the latest closures to store employees on Thursday, several workers told Business Insider.
Employees say the new list of closures includes Sears department stores in Sarasota, Florida; Roseville, Michigan; Toledo, Ohio; and Overland Park, Kansas, among others.Sears did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The closings will bring Sears' store count to about 1,180, down from 2,073 five years ago.
Sears announced its first round of store closures in January. Three more rounds have been announced since then.
The latest closures were announced to employees on the same day that Sears Canada, which was spun off from Sears Holdings in 2012, revealed that it would be closing a quarter of its stores - 59 locations total - as part of a court-supervised restructuring.
The two companies operate independently of each other, but Sears Holdings CEO Eddie Lampert remains Sears' Canada's largest investor, with 45% of the company's shares. Sears Holdings owns 12% of Sears Canada's shares.
Here's the list of new closures:
- 8201 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL
- 1601 N Harlem Ave, Chicago, IL
- 9701 Metcalf Ave, Overland Park, KS
- 5715 Johnston Street, Lafayette, LA
- 4575 La Jolla Village Drive, San Diego
- 126 Shawan Road, Cockeysville, MD
- 17318 Valley Mall Road, Hagerstown, MD
- 32123 Gratiot Avenue, Roseville, MI
- 14250 Buck Hill Road, Burnsville, MN
- 1640 Route 22, Watchung, NJ
- 1425 Central Avenue, Albany, NY
- 4000 Jericho Turnpike, East Northport, NY
- 601-635 Harry L. Drive, Johnson City, NY
- 7875 Johnnycake Ridge Road, Mentor, OH
- 6950 W 130th Street, Middleburg Heights, OH
- 3408 W Central Avenue, Toledo, OH
- 650 Bald Hill Road, Warwick, RI
- 300 Baybrook Mall, Friendswood, TX 77546
- 9570 Southwest Freeway, Westwood/Houston TX
- 5200 South 76th Street, Greendale, WI