See if you need to bring an ID to vote in this handy map breaking down all the state rules for the 2018 midterm elections
- Election Day for hotly contested midterm races across the country is on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
- State rules vary widely on the different forms of ID voters have to present at the polls - if they require any at all.
- Business Insider has broken down the regulations by state in the map below.
Voter engagement has already skyrocketed ahead of Tuesday's midterm elections in the form of early voting methods, but plenty of voters nationwide are set to cast their ballots in person.
States vary widely on the rules for acceptable forms of identification at the polls. More states require photo IDs than not, but still differ in their technicalities.
See what ID you need to cast your ballot ahead of Election Day:
Skye Gould/Olivia Reaney/Business Insider
For more information on your state's requirements, check out this guide from the National Conference of State Legislatures.
Read more of Business Insider's 2018 Midterm Election coverage:
- SENATE BATTLEGROUND MAP: The race for control of the Senate is as tight as it can be
- All the dates, deadlines, and rules you need to know before voting in the 2018 Midterm Elections
- Here is the last day you can register to vote in every state
- You can take time off work to vote in 30 US states - but you're out of luck in the rest
- Here are the deadlines in every state to vote absentee in the 2018 midterm elections
- The evolution of American voting rights in 242 years shows how far we've come - and how far we still have to go
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Vodafone Idea says another tariff hike is coming even as it continues to lose subscribers
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- Bitcoin mining profit is shrinking with prices in dumps and difficulty on the rise
- Here’s why Axis Bank’s quarterly profit tripled in the last three months
- Axis Bank, Maruti Suzuki, Hero MotoCorp, SBI Card and other hot stocks on January 25