Seth Rogan says he shut down Paul Ryan's request for a selfie
- Seth Rogen denied House Speaker Paul Ryan when he asked for a picture, he said on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert".
- After Rogen had posed for a picture with Ryan's teenage sons, the House Speaker approached him, and Rogen said, "No way, man!"
- Ryan's spokesperson declined to comment.
Seth Rogen denied House Speaker Paul Ryan when he asked for a selfie, the actor and comedian told Stephen Colbert.
Rogen said on "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" that he was at an event representing his Alzheimer's-focused charity hosted by former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney when Ryan approached him and asked for a picture.
After he had posed for a picture with two teenagers, Rogen said one of them told him, "our dad wants to meet you."
"I turned around, and Paul Ryan was walking towards me," Rogen said. "My whole body puckered, I tensed up, and I didn't know what to do."
The two shook hands before Ryan asked for a picture with Rogen.
"I look over and his kids are standing right there expectantly, clearly fans of mine," Rogen said. "And I said, 'No way, man!'"
Rogen said he continued on to elaborate why he wouldn't take a picture, telling Ryan, "Furthermore, I hate what you're doing to the country at this moment and I'm counting the days until you no longer have one iota of the power that you currently have."
Rogen said he felt conflicted addressing Ryan in front of his kids, but couldn't resist.
"It's not their fault," Rogen said. "But at the same time, they should probably learn that if they like a movie or song, the person who made that probably doesn't like their dad that much, unless they're watching 'Roseanne' re-runs or something."
Ryan announced in April he would not seek reelection in November and will retire at the end of his current term. A spokesperson for Ryan declined to comment when contacted by Business Insider.
Watch Rogen tell the story:
- IAA India Chapter and Havas Group India come together to create fundraising campaign for Bengal and Odisha
- 105 new coronavirus cases reported in AP; tally goes up to
- Mumbai hikes Petrol and Diesel prices by ₹2 per litre
- Guar gum futures gain on positive demand
- Lockdown extension to have deep impact on Indian economy: Report