Signing up for all of Apple's subscription services will likely cost you $35 per month
- Apple is making a major push into digital subscriptions this year, launching Apple News Plus, Apple TV Plus, and Apple Arcade.
- Along with Apple Music, which launched in 2015, Apple will offer four digital subscription services by the end of the 2019, with a combined cost of around $35 per month, based on the latest pricing reports.
- The new subscriptions arrive as sales for Apple's iPhones decline, giving the company new ways to capitalize on the millions of existing Apple customers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Apple Music launched in 2015 and surpassed Spotify as America's most popular music subscription service earlier this year with 28 million paid subscribers. Apple News Plus launched in March and gives users access to dozens of monthly magazines and a curated selection of articles from major publications like The Wall Street Journal.Apple TV Plus compete with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, and the upcoming Disney Plus video streaming service. At a reported price point of around $10 per month, Apple TV Plus will likely cost slightly less than its competition, but it won't come with the same massive catalogue of old shows that you can find on Hulu, Netflix, or Prime Video.
a new show starring Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carell, and a new production from Steven Spielberg.Earlier this year the company also updated the Apple TV app, allowing users to subscribe to popular paid channels like HBO and Showtime directly through the Apple TV service. The update helps make Apple's TV offerings a one-stop shop for cord-cutters who want to move away from cable.
Apple Arcade will offer a library of more than 100 ad-free games for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV for $5 per month, according to a recent report. While Apple's App Store already offers thousands of games for free, Apple Arcade will provide a curated experience to help users find quality games to play. Apple has also invested in exclusive games for Apple Arcade to make the subscription more appealing.
Apple's subscription services are specifically designed for customers who have bought into the company's product line, which limits their reach when compared to far-reaching services like Netflix and Spotify. Apple is working to offer quality competition that will encourage people to stay connected to their iPhones and Macs.Apple customers are probably used to paying premium prices for Apple products, but $35 might be a steep price for a monthly investment. Of course, customers don't have to sign up for every Apple service, and some could simply complement their existing choices for entertainment. It's also possible that Apple could offer a discounted subscription bundle for dedicated customers. To compare, Disney plans to offer a bundle of Hulu, ESPN Plus, and Disney Plus for $13 per month, though the services would cost $18 separately.
- Best mini fridge in India in 2021
- Branded fully automatic washing machines for large families
- Best fully automatic washing machines for effortless washing in India
- India is seeking details on the rise in Swiss bank deposits from the South Asian country
- A UN report says India's new IT rules do not conform with international human rights norms