Elon Musk is worth $26 billion and extremely online. Here are all the bizarre spats the the Tesla CEO is caught up in thanks to his Twitter habit.
Nov 10, 2019, 15:34 IST
1. When he called a complete stranger "pedo guy"
Musk doubled down on the allegation by emailing BuzzFeed reporter Ryan Mac and calling Vernon Unsworth a "child rapist", with no evidence
Musk is now embroiled in a long-running court battle with Unsworth for his defamatory remarks. Court filings revealed Musk hired a detective to investigate Unsworth — but the PI turned out to be a conman
2. When he took a liking to farting unicorn art, but didn't pay for it
Despite Musk's protestations, the two eventually settled
3. When Azealia Banks waded into Tesla's regulatory troubles
Banks accused Musk of taking her phone
Musk, usually combative, didn't really respond publicly to Banks except to say he had never met her
The Banks-Musk feud dragged on for months after the story blew up
4. When he was accused of stealing an idea from Pablo Escobar's brother
"It's not a flamethrower, Mr. Escobar."
6. When he traded jibes with Jeff Bezos about which parts of space to conquer
Musk also called Bezos a "copycat" over his plan to launch thousands of satellites
7. David Einhorn, the billionaire short seller Musk loves sending short shorts to