Snap reportedly wants to be profitable by the end of the year
Snap CEO Evan Spiegel reportedly sent a company-wide email several months ago in which he outlined his goal for Snap to break even this year.
The news that Snap wants to reach profitability this year follows two reports of layoffs at the company in 2018.
In January, it was reported that the company laid off around two dozen employees from eight teams, with a focus on cuts in the company's content division.
And Snap confirmed this week that it had laid off "just over 120" engineers, around 10% of the company's engineering team.
Earlier this month it was reported that Snap employees were told they wouldn't be getting cash bonuses for 2017 since they didn't beat their internal goals.
Get the latest Snap stock price here.
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps
- Couch and Surf: What’s streaming on OTT this weekend?