Snapchat is selling a stuffed animal version of its mischievous ghost icon
That's right: Snapchat is selling plushies of "Ghostface Chillah," the official name of the Snapchat icon, over at Amazon.
The stuffed animal is available in two sizes, small and large, and costs $8.99 and $17.99 respectively.
When we last talked to Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel about the Snapchat Ghost, Spiegel said. "He's a silly dude" and revealed that he drew the ghost icon himself. A big fan of hip-hop, Spiegel said he got the idea for the name "Ghostface Chillah" from his love of Wu-Tang Clan rapper Ghostface Killah.
If you're thinking about buying a Ghostface Chillah plushie, you won't have to worry about authenticity: Amazon lists Snapchat Inc. as the seller, so it's not some third party retailer trying to make a quick buck with a cheap knockoff. Business Insider has its own Ghostface Chillah in the office, and we can vouch that it looks and feels pretty good as far as stuffed animals go.
At the very least, it's nice to know that Snapchat has a new revenue stream to fall back on if its new Discover platform doesn't work out.
You can order your own Ghostface Chillah over at Amazon, and it's even eligible for Amazon Prime if you just can't wait.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- WhatsApp will end support for iOS 10 and iOS 11 from October onwards
- Xiaomi and Leica partner for a flagship device, Xiaomi 12 Ultra expected to launch in July
- Zomato, HDFC, HDFC Bank, Paytm and other hot stocks to watch out for on May 23
- Telangana minister wants cess scrapped and fuel prices back to 2014 levels
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable