Snapchat just introduced group video calling - here's how to do it
y Daniel Shirey/Getty Images for American Express
- Snap announced group video calls are coming to the Snapchat app.
- The feature takes a page from Facebook, which has had group video chats since 2016.
- Snap also introduced the ability to tag friends in Stories.
In a blog post, Snap Inc., Snapchat's parent company, said the updates will roll out to every user this week.
Snapchat on Tuesday introduced two new features: group video calls with up to 16 people and the ability to tag friends in Stories.
And Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, already lets users tag others in Stories - though the idea of a "Story" is from Snapchat in the first place.Even though these features aren't entirely new, both may change how you interact with friends inside the Snapchat app.
Here's a look at Snapchat's two new features:Get the latest Snap stock price here.
- Apophis, the ‘God of Chaos’ asteroid is speeding up — increasing the likelihood of it hitting Earth in 2068
- Sputnik V: RDIF seeks vaccine's speedy registration, prequalification from WHO
- Ankhi Das quits as Facebook's India public policy head
- States urged to adopt national approach: Niti Aayog on 'free vaccine'
- Analysts expect no surprises from Axis Bank in the second quarter — loan growth and collections to be slow