Snapchat's Spectacles hardware team hit with leadership shakeup and job cuts
There's been a shakeup within Snap Inc.'s hardware team behind Spectacles.
The company's former VP of Operators, Mark Randall, has taken on the new role of VP of Hardware, replacing Steve Horowitz. The shakeup includes about a dozen layoffs mostly within a marketing division that supported the hardware team, according to a person familiar with the matter. Bloomberg first reported the news Thursday.
Horowitz's new title is VP of Technology, a Snap spokesperson told Business Insider. He will continue to advise the Spectacles team and communicate the company's technology ambitions externally.
This story is developing. Check back for updates.
- Cisco says a company 'leader' who encouraged TikTok followers to report strippers to the IRS is no longer employed at the company
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders