Soc Gen analyst says there's 'trouble brewing' as Apple iPhone 5S sales made a 'puzzling' jump this quarter
In addition to increased 5S sales, Perkins notes that the dollar is getting stronger. As the dollar gets stronger, it's going to hit the average selling price (ASP) of the iPhone. Perkins thinks the ASP of the iPhone is going to drop to $651 from $687 in the previous quarter.Of course, this happens every year. In the holiday quarter, iPhone ASPs are strong, then they drop in the March quarter. Even if Perkins is right, and the ASP drops to $651, it's still going to be one of Apple's best selling prices in years.
last year's blockbuster launch. The iPhone 6 had a bigger screen than the iPhone 5S, which led to a massive jump in sales. Apple doesn't have another easy way to upgrade the phone to goose sales."The most obvious hole in the previous iPhone portfolios (a variety of form factors) has been filled," says Perkins, adding that geographical expansion will not make much of a difference since Apple is already selling the iPhone through almost all major mobile providers.But what about the Apple Watch? Can't it make up for any potential softness with the iPhone? Nope, says Perkins: "We do not believe that the Apple Watch will be a major game changer for Apple, at least over the next 12 months."
- Best 32-inch monitor in India in 2021
- Delhi government allows reopening of bars, public parks and gardens from Monday
- India to hold two-day BRICS meet on Green Hydrogen initiatives
- SEBI asks PNB Housing to halt ₹4,000 crore preferential issue of shares
- Word Music Day 2021: Importance, history, memorable quotes and how to celebrate it during a pandemic