Social Media Listening Isn't Just For Marketing, Sales, And Customer Service Anymore
Social Media Insights is a daily newsletter from Business Insider that collects and delivers the top social media news first thing every morning. You can sign up to receive Social Media Insights here or at the bottom of this post.
According to the 2013 TCS Global Trend Study, only three business functions actively monitor social media dialogue to inform their work:
- 69% Marketing
- 58% Sales
- 49% Customer Service
There are numerous other business functions that could be doing a better job of leveraging social media. For example, only 27% of professionals who work in Research & Development and 37% who work in Product Management are actively listening to conversations on social media. (TCS)
In Other News ...
Instagram announced plans to launch an app for the Windows Phone in the "coming weeks." (The Verge)
At one point on August 3, Twitter processed 143,199 tweets per second - a new record. Chatter on the social network peaked during an airing of Castle in the Sky, an anime film that aired in Japan. (Mashable)
Twitter's content is being integrated with Airtel Digital TV in India. Similar to recent partnerships in the U.S., users will be able to view tweets related to live programming. (CNET)
Twitter is now more important to teens than Facebook, according to a survey conducted by Piper Jaffray, an investment bank. (Piper Jaffray)
36% of people who have joined Twitter say they no longer actually use the service, and 7% have closed their account. (Reuters)
According to KISSmetrics, photos on Twitter, Facebook, and blogs achieve 53% more likes, 104% more comments, and 84% more click-throughs. (KISSmetrics)
- An overlooked group of borrowers will be hit hard as student loan repayments resume, former Fed economist says
- TikTok's strategy for US dominance is straight out of Amazon's playbook — but creators are the fuel for its flywheel
- Robin Williams' daughter says she finds AI recreations of her father's voice 'personally disturbing'
- Survey shows people find no improvement in public toilets across country
- Sebi extends deadline for listed cos to confirm or deny market rumours
- Tom Hanks, a dental plan promotion and an AI
- New 'inverse vaccine' shows potential to treat multiple sclerosis, diabetes: Study
- TDP leaders stage hunger strike In Delhi against arrest of Chandrababu Naidu