SoftBank is going to pump Rs 2,000 crore in Ola in next funding round
Ola is expecting to raise around $500 million in the fresh funding round and wants to control dilution.
"SoftBank is leading the new round and the first tranche will close in a few days,” one of the sources told ET.
"There will be an external process that will be launched now and Ola will keep the round open,” ET quoted another source as saying.
It is expected that Ola’s valuation won’t get affected. Ola, which is number one in India, was valued at about $5 billion when it closed $500 million in funding in November last year.
Ola may also focus on scaling the quality of the business.
The fresh funding will be important for Ola as Uber has stepped up efforts in India.
Both the ride-hailing apps will also have to be careful about the burn rates.
Uber is currently burning about $30 million in India, which will go up to $45-50 million as it ramps up expansion across cities and products.
Popular on BI
- Here’s why there is less adoption of the new tax regime and how budget 2022 can make it more attractive
- A market guru explains why real estate, housing and textiles should get some budget boost
- From tax structure rationalisation to expanding EV charging infrastructure, here’s what the industry wants from Budget 2022
- Best smartphones with 3.5mm headphone jack
- Best budget feature-packed TVs in India