Sony to create exclusive in-home lifestyle products for Indian market
The company has already gone a global restructuring, exiting from laptops and entry-to-mid-segment smartphones.
A separate team has been made to develop the new category of in-home lifestyle products to be made in India, and a new TV manufacturing plant is also under consideration to be set up in India.
"Sony globally has a lot of patents and technology in areas like semiconductors, which we want to utilise to create and launch a new category for the Indian market,"
Hibi said that with the implementation of GST in the near future, Sony could also set up its own factory in India.
Popular on BI
- Sony launches Bravia TV with 'Cognitive Processor XR', priced at ₹3,69,990
- PV Sindhu wins India’s 19th gold at the Commonwealth Games 2022 - Here are the other gold medal winners
- India’s Tejas fighter aircraft may soon make its international debut – check out the features
- Mahindra adds a new mini truck to its Jeeto Plus range
- JEE Advanced exam eligibility, how to register, fees and result – everything you need to know