Sony's New TV Is As Thin As The World's Thinnest Smartphone
RobynBeck/GettySony has announced its thinnest TV ever.
The new ultra slim 4K TV named the Sony Bravia X900C measures just 4.9 millimeters thick - that's the same thickness as the world's thinnest smartphone, the Oppo R5.Despite its narrow frame, Sony says its television boasts sharper contrast, clearer blues and greens, and a more vivid picture than its 4K competitors.
Finding 4K content to watch, however, could prove challenging. The majority of programming is currently not produced in such a high resolution.Sony is confident consumers will find things to watch by the time the TV launches later this spring though, and notes that by that time, there will be over 1,400 titles to watch in full 4K resolution.
Sony did not specify where those 1,400 titles would be available - and whether those were movies, TV shows, or video clips - but there's already a ton of 4K content available on YouTube, for instance, as 4K video cameras become more readily available.The set runs on Google's Android TV operating system, which was announced in 2014. The system allows the television to take advantage of smartphone capabilities such as voice search, music, photos, movies, games, and apps. RobynBeck/Getty
Sony has not yet revealed the price of the TV, but it's safe to assume this top of the line product will come with a hefty price tag.
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G to launch in India on April 28 – Specs, expected price and everything we know so far