Sorry Apple, Samsung is still the market leader in India
AdvertisementCapturing 28.52 per cent of the Indian mobile phone market, South Korean giant
According to ecommerce app Cashify,
"This was followed by the Moto family's most successful phone of the year, Moto G 16GB (2nd Gen), with 2.71 per cent.
Other players, such as the
"With a minefield of flagship launches, the resale markpicked up pace in the last few months as the number of people queuing up to trade their old smartphones with the latest market entrants went up significantly," the report stated.
With a slew of smartphone launch announcements lined up for 2017, Cashify expects the resale market to show further growth as more and more people become aware of the resale value of their old phones.
Recently, Cashify ranked Delhi number one when it came to upgrading smartphones with 19 per cent of online requests generated on the ecommerce app Cashify to sell used smartphones were from the capital.
Popular on BI
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera