SoundCloud has finally launched its subscription service
Getty Images/Nadine Rupp
The Verge reports that the release notes for the new update to SoundCloud's iOS app includes information on SoundCloud Go. It's a music streaming service that's similar to Apple Music and Spotify, and if you buy a subscription through the app it's going to cost $12.99 (£9.09) per month.But the US version of SoundCloud's website includes more information. The standard pricing strategy will be $9.99 (£6.99) per month, in line with Apple Music and Spotify. That price will likely be £9.99 per month in the UK.
The company has finally signed deals with major music labels that will allow it to stream their music. It reached a deal with Sony earlier in March, which was the final hurdle before it could launch its streaming service.
- Uttar Pradesh prohibits entry of more than five people in religious places
- Night curfew imposed in Uttar Pradesh's Gorakhpur district from 9 pm to 6 am till April 18
- Here’s a tiny washing machine that cleans your TWS earbuds in two minutes
- 106-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh gets her first COVID-19 vaccine
- Facebook's ad delivery system shows gender bias, says new study