Southwest is selling tickets for as cheap as $47 one-way until Thursday
- Southwest Airlines is holding a fare sale with tickets for a little as $47 one-way and $96 round-trip.
- The sale ends at 11:59 pm on Thursday, June 7.
- Southwest's sale covers travel between late August and early December.
Southwest Airlines is holding a flash sale this week with tickets going for as little as $47 one-way and $96 round-trip. Sales will last until midnight on Thursday.The Dallas, Texas-based low-cost carrier held a similar sale in May with fares going for a low as $49.Advertisement
Once again, the sale covers several dozen of Southwest's most popular destinations including flights to and from Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Baltimore (BWI), Boston (BOS), Chicago (MDW), Dallas (DAL), Denver (DEN), Houston (HOU), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX, SNA), New York (LGA, EWR), New Orleans (MSY), Washington D.C. (DCA), Phoenix (PHX), and many more.
Standout deals include $47 one-way flights from Charlotte, North Carolina to Baltimore, Maryland, and Nashville, Tennessee. There are also $47 flights from Louisville, Kentucky to Baltimore and Chicago, Illinois.Return flights for these trips are priced at $49 which would make a round trip $96.
Southwest is also offering an $89 flight from Fort Lauderdale, Florida to Havana, Cuba along with a $95 return trip.However, there's some serious fine print associated with the sale.
Unfortunately, travel on August 31, September 3, and from November 16 through 27 are all excluded from the sale. All domestic flights on Fridays and Sundays are also out of the picture.
Things are even more complicated if your trip involves either Florida or Nevada. Discounted flights to Florida and Nevada, as well as flights from Florida to Nevada, are only valid between Sundays and Wednesdays. While sale tickets for travel out of Florida and Nevada, as well as from Nevada to Florida, are valid from Tuesdays through Fridays.And there's more. If you're trying to fly into and out of San Juan, PR on the cheap, you better plan on making the trip between Monday and Thursday. Finally, Southwest sale restricts discounted international to only Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Advertisement
Southwest isn't the only airline discounting tickets. JetBlue, Frontier, Spirit, WOW, Alaska, and Hawaiian have all held major fare sales in recent weeks to kick off the summer travel season. With the price of oil up roughly 57% over the past year, it's unclear how much longer airlines will continue to offer such heavily discounted fares.
- India at forefront of vaccine development: Modi
- How music has become the real social connector, and technology has helped democratize music in today’s digitally connected world
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump versus Biden — Here’s what the result of the US election could mean for India
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Tata Motors CEO is not worried about Musk's Tesla coming to India
- Chinese soldier strays across the border — detained by India , to be released soon