Soylent, The Magic Food Replacement Milkshake, Is Surprisingly Delicious
It's an easy-to-mix drink that provides all the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy. While my personal order still has yet to arrive, a generous Soylent fan in the area came by the BI offices to share his batch with me.
All the "components" needed to make it can be seen in the picture to the right. One pouch of Soylent and the small bottle of oil blend goes into the large container. You fill that with water, shake it up to mix it, then pour yourself a glass.
One of these jugs of Soylent, consumed gradually throughout your day, is supposedly all foodstuff you need in order to stay healthy and feel sated.
My first thought upon tasting it: it's like a vanilla milkshake! It's quite tasty for a food product that loudly proclaims its complete health benefits - it's nothing like a gross vegetable smoothie at all. Well-mixed, well-refrigerated Soylent has a surprisingly dessert-y appeal.
Granted, I haven't gone through the same process that others have, living exclusively (or near-exclusively) on the stuff for an extended period of time.
But I can tell you that after I finished my first glass, I helped myself to a second one.
- Gautam Adani crashes out of the $100 billion club, but still is 10x richer than he was 2 years back
- Understanding Gautam Adani’s rise: a story on how to generate wealth via hope, equity and of course debt
- ISRO announces free online course for students above 10 years – eligibility, how to apply and everything you need to know
- Theatres cross pre-pandemic gross revenue collection despite pricey movie tickets
- Former Twitter India head quits his latest metaverse edtech venture
- Realme Pad X tablet with Snapdragon processor launched in China, coming soon to India – check out price, specifications and features
- Amid rumours of Telegram Premium, the messaging app reportedly drops its ‘free forever’ tag line
- Third-party apps connected to your car may be stealing your data