SpaceX faces a growing list of competitors in the new space race - here's what their futuristic rockets will do
Founded by entrepreneur Elon Musk in 2002, SpaceX did not have an easy start - it was bordering on bankruptcy in 2008 after three failed launches.
Its success has so far relied on its workhorse launcher: the 229-foot-tall Falcon 9 rocket. But continued industry dominance is anything but guaranteed.
In the near future, Musk and SpaceX will face competition from a number of companies, including Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin, that are developing reusable, next-generation rocket engines and boosters.
Here's how the competition in the new space race stacks up.
Get the latest Boeing stock price here.
- EPFO invested Rs 27,105 crore in exchange trade funds in Apr-Oct: Labour Min
- Cocktails to prasads: What Indians wanted to cook and brew in 2023
- Kiara Advani to David Beckham, the most searched people in India in 2023
- Kashmir to Switzerland and more – India’s 10 most searched travel destinations in 2023
- Five common symptoms of Stomach Cancer