2 people hung a 'Trump Won' banner at Yankee Stadium. Police escorted them out, but didn't arrest them and returned their belongings.
- Two men hung a banner that read "Trump Won" over the second deck at a Yankees game.
- Police intervened, confiscating the banner and removing the pair in handcuffs.
- Footage shows a civil interaction between the men and security outside the stadium.
Two men hung a banner that read "Trump Won, Save America" at Yankee Stadium on Thursday night. Police escorted them out of the venue but didn't arrest them, and they even let the men keep the flag.
The men unfolded the banner over the second-level deck during the fourth inning of the Yankees' game against the Toronto Blue Jays.
One of the men, Dion Cini, posted photos and body-camera footage of the incident to his Twitter and YouTube accounts.
The footage showed other fans in attendance reacting angrily with a barrage of boos and taunts. The move even led to an altercation with security guards who tried to confiscate the banner. The two men resisted by tightening their grip on the flag and pulling it away from security.
Police officers were then called to intervene, and they aggressively told Cini to "let it go!"
The other man, whom Cini referred to as Joe, was then handcuffed by police and forcibly escorted out of the stadium. Cini followed behind uncuffed, as seen in a separate video posted to Facebook by Brian Celecia.
Security guards even retrieved Cini's wallet for him when he said he dropped it.
A man instructing the security guards and police officers, who claimed to be a former officer himself, took Cini's camera and held it in his hand as the two Trump supporters were escorted out.
But once Cini and Joe were removed from the stadium, the man in charge told police officers to uncuff Joe and let the men go. He even told security members to give the banner back to the two men, and he gave Cini his camera.
"I'll respect you all day long, just throw the same respect back to the cops and to my guys," the man in charge told Cini and Joe at the end of the video. "I got no problem with Trump. I got no problem with the Trump flag!"
Cini then made posts on Twitter later that night, boasting about the banner and his experience at the stadium. He even referenced a similar incident in July 2018 where a Trump reelection banner was unfurled at a Yankees game against the Kansas City Royals.
Trump has gone on record calling the
- Reliance Industries, Cipla, PNB and other hot stocks on January 27 after US Fed signals rate hikes from March
- Best smartphones with 64MP primary camera
- AGS Transact Technologies IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- FMCG company Adani Wilmar’s issue opens today — Check out the important dates and details of the IPO
- Best 21-inch monitors in India