35 statistics show that the 21-year-old American Christian Pulisic is currently the best player in the English Premier League
- Christian Pulisic is currently the best player in the English Premier League, according to 35 statistics that have been compiled by Sky Sports.
- The broadcaster uses a wide range of other stats including goals, assists, dribbles, passes, and touches, to calculate the league's most in-form player over the last five matches.
- Pulisic sits top of the pile, ahead of the division's 463 other players.
- The American has been on fire for Chelsea in recent weeks, scoring a hat-trick against Burnley a fortnight ago, before hitting the winning goal against Watford seven days later.
- Read more of our soccer coverage here.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Christian Pulisic is currently the best player in the English Premier League.That's according to 35 statistics that have been compiled by Sky Sports.Advertisement
The 21-year-old American has been on fire for Chelsea FC recently. He hit a hat-trick against Burnley two weeks ago, and followed it up by scoring the winner against Watford seven days later.
He also registered assists in games against Southampton and Norwich City in the weeks prior.Sky Sports use goals and assists and a wide range of other statistics including dribbles, passes, and touches, to calculate who is the division's most in-form player over the last five matches.
Pulisic sits top of the pile, ahead of the league's 463 other players.Behind him sit five Leicester City players in Jamie Vardy, Ben Chilwell, Caglar Soyuncu, James Maddison, and Ayoze Perez.Brendan Rodgers' side sit third in the Premier League having won seven of its 11 games so far, one of which was a 9-0 thrashing of Southampton at the end of October.Advertisement
Fellow Chelsea forward Willian comes in seventh, while Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold, and Leicester duo Youri Tielemans and Kasper Schmeichel, make up the top 10.
Pulisic believes 'anything is possible' at Chelsea
The USA international was part of the Chelsea team that pulled off a sensational comeback against AFC Ajax in the Champions League on Tuesday.Frank Lampard's men were losing 4-1 just after half-time at Stamford Bridge, however two red cards for the Dutch team changed the tide.Advertisement
Three quickfire goals from Cesar Azpilicueta, Jorginho, and finally 18-year-old Reece James - who became the club's youngest ever Champions League scorer - leveled the game for Chelsea, and it was unlucky not to have fully completed the turnaround had it not been for a handball in the build up to Azpilicueta's late disallowed goal.
"We showed a lot of resilience and a lot of fight," Pulisic told Chelsea's official website after the thrilling encounter."Being down 4-1 and to think we were still able to come back is crazy. It says a lot about our team. Anything is possible, that's our mentality."Advertisement
Chelsea next take on Crystal Palace in the Premier League on Saturday November 9.
Read more:Christian Pulisic has been far more effective than Eden Hazard was in his debut season at Chelsea FCAdvertisement
An 18-year-old scored 3 goals for Real Madrid, emphasizing why everybody's calling him the next big thing in Brazilian football'Special' Carlos Vela is a 'fantastic leader and player' says the teammate of the new MLS MVPAdvertisement
- Drug regulator okays psoriasis injection for restricted emergency use in treating COVID-19 patients
- Former India team cricketer Laxmi Ratan Shukla's wife tests COVID-19 positive
- High blood sugar without previous diabetes diagnosis linked to COVID-19 death risk: Study
- Surgeons led by Indian-origin doctor perform double lung transplant on second COVID-19 patient
- Elderly man succumbs to COVID-19 in Puducherry, 64 fresh cases