49ers receiver Emmanuel Sanders throws a touchdown in awesome trick play during wild shootout vs. Saints
- The New Orleans Saints and San Francisco 49ers combined to score seven touchdowns in the first 24 minutes of their Week 14 game.
- The most exciting was a trick play by the 49ers that saw receiver Emmanuel Sanders throw a falling, 35-yard touchdown to running back Raheem Mostert.
- In what many expected to be a defensive battle in a possible NFC Championship preview, the two teams instead got into an early shootout.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The first half of the San Francisco 49ers-New Orleans Saints Week 14 game turned into a shootout, with both teams combining for seven touchdowns through the first 25 minutes.The most exciting of those scores came in the second quarter, when the 49ers ran a great trick play that featured wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders throwing a touchdown pass to running back Raheem Mostert.Advertisement
Jimmy Garoppolo handed the ball off to receiver Deebo Samuel, who then did a lateral to Sanders, who was running right. Sanders got the ball under pressure and threw a falling, 35-yard pass to Mostert, who ran the ball in wide open.
Touchdown!Mostert celebrated by pretending to surf; Sanders was flat on his back when Mostert got into the end zone.
A possible NFC Championship preview, with the two teams leading the NFC through 14 weeks, most would have expected an ugly, defensive game, given that both teams are among the league's best defenses this season. Instead, early on, both teams brought their A games on offense.
- Read more:
- Jameis Winston threw his 21st interception of the season on his first pass attempt of the day
- Bill Belichick explains how advice from Sun Tzu's 'The Art of War' helped build the Patriots dynasty
- The College Football Playoff bracket is set and Oklahoma is in
- The most dominant athletes of the decade
- Top stock movers — Gulf Oil, Tata Metaliks, Future Group stocks, HCL Tech, Repco Home Finance, PNB and more
- It’s not just the DWS deal, Morgan Stanley's outlook has painted HCL Tech green — along with TCS, Infosys and Wipro
- From BYJU’S to Unacademy – competition in India’s fast-rising online education sector
- After Happiest Minds Tech, Route Mobile doubles the money invested in the IPO
- Rapido shifts focus to logistics; sees 25% business recovery and aims for 1.5x growth next year over FY20