5 biggest winners and losers in college basketball this week
Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
- The fourth week of the 2019-2020 basketball season has come and gone, and the AP Top 25 Poll looks drastically different from how it looked last week.
- The Duke Blue Devils fell out of the top of the poll after suffering a brutal upset to the unranked Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks at Cameron Indoor Stadium Tuesday.
- The Louisville Cardinals bumped up to the No. 1 spot in the rankings, while the Kansas Jayhawks, Maryland Terrapins, Michigan Wolverines, and Virginia Cavaliers round out the top five.
- The ACC leads all conferences with five teams in the AP Top 25 Poll, while the Big Ten and Pac-12 follow close behind with four apiece in the rankings.
- Here are the five biggest winners and losers of Week 5 of the college basketball season.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
▲ No. 3 Maryland Terrapins — Up 2 spots in the AP Top 25 Poll
▲ No. 4 Michigan Wolverines — Enter the AP Top 25 Poll
▲ No. 17 Florida State Seminoles — Enter the AP Top 25 Poll
▲ No. 19 Dayton Flyers — Enter the AP Top 25 Poll
▲ No. 14 Auburn Tigers — Up 4 spots in the AP Top 25 Poll
▼ No. 10 Duke Blue Devils — Down 9 spots in the AP Top 25 Poll
▼ No. 25 Utah State Aggies — Down 10 spots in the AP Top 25 Poll
▼ No. 11 Michigan State Spartans — Down 8 spots in the AP Top 25 Poll
▼ No. 13 Oregon Ducks — Down 2 spots in the AP Top 25 Poll
▼ Texas Tech Red Raiders — Dropped out of the AP Top 25 Poll
Now check out Shaq's California mansion that's up for sale:
- India is seeking details on the rise in Swiss bank deposits from the South Asian country
- A UN report says India's new IT rules do not conform with international human rights norms
- Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh to be cremated with state honours in Chandigarh
- Father’s Day 2021 -- here is a list of some memorable quotes and greetings
- Weekly crypto roundup: Burry’s crypto crash prediction, rapper Raftaar accepting crypto, crypto mining migration, and more