A fast-emerging boxing prospect left his opponent hanging from the ropes after knocking him out with a jab to the face
- Rising star Elvis Rodriguez knocked his opponent out in the very first round Thursday with a stiff, southpaw jab to the face.
- Danny Murray fell to the floor, through the ropes, awarding Rodriguez the seventh win of his pro career at "The Bubble" in Las Vegas.
- Rodriguez is considered a top prospect in boxing because of his fast-developing skills, his Hall-of-Fame coach Freddie Roach, and the backing he has from the powerful Las Vegas fight firm Top Rank.
- Check out the highlight-reel finish below.
A fast-emerging boxing prospect left his opponent hanging off the ropes like wet washing after knocking him out with a jab to the face in the first round.
It all went down inside the MGM Grand Conference Center, a place colloquially known as "The Bubble," as the prominent Las Vegas fight firm continues to navigate the coronavirus pandemic by promoting shows in a quarantined TV studio.
During Thursday's event, a 24-year-old Dominican called Elvis Rodriguez made a statement.
Rodriguez is considered a hot prospect in the fight game as he is trained by Hall-of-Fame coach Freddie Roach at the Wildcard Boxing Club in Los Angeles, a place frequented by Manny Pacquiao, Oscar de la Hoya, and Miguel Cotto over the years.
Rodriguez did not get an opportunity this week to showcase the full-range of his pugilistic skillset, as he knocked out his opponent Danny Murray in the very first round with lazer-like, southpaw jabbing.
The final punch was enough to send Murray to the floor, through the ropes.
Watch it all unfold here:
—Top Rank Boxing (@trboxing) July 3, 2020
If you had not previously heard of Rodriguez, the ESPN boxing writer Steve Kim tweeted after the performance that you need not worry and that there is still time to get on board the bandwagon.
—Steve Kim (@StevESPNKim) July 3, 2020
The win in the super lightweight division advances Rodriguez's record to 7 wins (7 knockouts) against 1 draw.
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Best smart TVs that come with a built-in voice assistant
- Best gaming mice for esports players
- Best mid-range laptops with 15-inch Full HD display
- Best budget laptops for video editing
- Best budget keyboards you can buy in India