A high-school football player gave up an easy touchdown in the state championship to let his teammate score
- Shiner High School won a Texas state championship 42-20 on Thursday at AT&T Stadium.
- The play of the game came from Doug Brooks, who handed off an easy fumble-return touchdown to allow his teammate to score.
- Brooks said he had been working on getting his teammates on the defensive line a touchdown all season.
Shiner High School won a Texas state championship 42-20 on Thursday at AT&T Stadium.
While Shiner scored plenty of points, the highlight of the game was a moment of camaraderie between teammates.With the game still scoreless in the first quarter, Doug Brooks, who plays both defensive tackle and fullback for Shiner, stripped the opposing quarterback, gathered the ball in midair, and stormed toward the end zone.
—Dave Campbell's Texas Football - TexasFootball.com (@dctf) December 17, 2020
The play was a part of a yearlong plan for Brooks, who had already scored plenty of touchdowns for his team while playing fullback."At the beginning of the year, I told the d-line and o-line that if I get a chance, I'm going to give y'all a touchdown," Brooks said, per TexasHSFootball.com. "They block for us. They get the credit, but they don't get the credit like they should. I had to give at least one of them a touchdown."
The touchdown handoff wasn't Brooks' only highlight of the day. Later in the game, Brooks unleashed a vicious stiff-arm that would make Derrick Henry proud.
—Dave Campbell's Texas Football - TexasFootball.com (@dctf) December 17, 2020Congratulations to Brooks and his teammates at Shiner High School on their state championship win.
- Night curfew in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodra and Rajkot to get extend by 15 days
- Whether we like it or not, Indians are already partaking in the superfood ‘trend’
- India records 16,488 new COVID-19 cases and 113 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maharashtra to conduct class 12,10 exams from 23 and 29 April
- Here is what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto and other automakers in February auto sales