A Russian bodybuilder with huge arms was beaten by a blogger 3 minutes into his MMA debut
- A bodybuilder nicknamed "Popeye" lost his MMA debut when he was submitted by blogger Oleg Mongol, who is 20 years older than him.
- Kirill Tereshin is a 23-year-old in Russia who has become internet-famous for injecting synthol into his arms.
- This has caused his biceps to swell and look out of proportion compared to the rest of his body.
- The do-it-yourself procedure is wildly controversial as it causes muscle deformity.
- As such, Tereshin has launched a fundraiser to help fund treatment. "My arms are in a bad state and are reddening," he said, according to The Sun.
- Watch Tereshin's fight below.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A bodybuilder renowned for his grotesque arms was submitted by blogger Oleg Mongol within three minutes of his MMA debut at a gym in Abakan, Russia.Kirill Tereshin, a 23-year-old often nicknamed "Popeye" and "Bazooka Arms," became internet-famous for injecting synthol into his arms which caused them to swell and look out of proportion compared to the rest of his body.Advertisement
Injecting synthol is a controversial do-it-yourself procedure which some bodybuilders have used to add a temporary implant into the muscle, causing immediate enlargement. It does have drawbacks, however, as it causes muscle deformity.
Denis Slepov / Barcroft Media via Getty Images / Barcroft Media via Getty Images
"My arms are in a bad state and are reddening," he said.Read more: Khabib Nurmagomedov calls Conor McGregor an alcoholic and a rapist following second allegation, reigniting an ugly UFC feud on TwitterIt is unclear if the cagefight was a charity drive to help fund the trip to a British doctor, but regardless it is one he was conclusively beaten in.Advertisement
Though he began the fight well, landing a couple of decent punches, Tereshin ended up on his back and was submitted by a fighter 20 years older than him.
Oleg Mongol made him tap because of a forearm to the windpipe.Watch the bout below:Advertisement
Read more:Ireland's next top boxer has a rare shot at retribution after losing at the Olympics because of a 'fixed' fight: 'It's personal for my career, my legacy'Advertisement
Conor McGregor's coach still thinks he's the best fighter in the world despite his heavy beating by Khabib NurmagomedovThe real Tyson Fury is quiet, shy, and introverted, according to an Irish boxer who knows him wellAdvertisement
Russian internet personality 'Bazooka Arms' gets thrashed in MMA debut by man 20 years his senior pic.twitter.com/1XJn0IzM1X- RT Sport (@RTSportNews) October 22, 2019
- Info Edge share price falls after company reveals dismal performance of Naukri.com and 99acres due to Covid19
- With 367 fresh infections, UP's coronavirus cases cross 9,000 mark; death toll at 245
- Amazon reportedly wants Airtel stake for $2 billion — and a partnership like Jio-Facebook and possibly, Google-Vodafone Idea
- Standard Chartered Bank starts operations at IFSC GIFT City
- Lockdown period helped us grow business, say digital marketers