American fighter Chris Weidman will be out of action for at least 6 months after a horrible leg break in a UFC match
- American middleweight
Chris Weidmanhas been given a six-month medical suspension.
- Weidman recently broke his leg 17 seconds into a
UFCmatch in Florida.
- He will likely be out of action much longer than six months.
The American middleweight lost after just 17 seconds without being hit or taken down. Instead, a leg kick of his was checked by opponent Uriah Hall in such a way that his limb wrapped around Hall's shin.Weidman's ankle could be seen hanging from his leg, but he seemed unaware until he put that foot back on the canvas, when it buckled under the pressure. He collapsed in agony to the floor.
Days later, Weidman posted photos of his X-rays on Instagram, which showed the gruesome extent of the break.He also shared a video showing the spot his bone pierced his calf muscle and skin.
It remains unclear when he will be able to compete again.
- Class 12 students waiting with bated breath for the final verdict on board exams
- CBSE class 10 results likely to be delayed as marks submission deadline for schools extended till June 30
- Maharashtra to consider staggered reopening depending on the COVID-19 cases in the state
- Indian government drops plasma therapy from guidelines for COVID-19 management