An ex-Real Madrid star is credited with helping save the life of an opponent who suffered a mid-match heart attack
- A soccer player in Qatar has been hailed a hero after helping to save the life of an opponent.
- James Rodriguez is credited with keeping Ousmane Coulibaly's airway open after he suffered a heart attack.
View all Offers
Apple Pencil (1st Generation)₹ 7999₹ 7999Buy On
- 31% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 26.31 cm (10.4 inch), Slim Metal Body, Quad Speakers with Dolby Atmos, RAM 3 GB, ROM 32 GB Expandable, Wi-Fi-only, Silver₹ 14999₹ 14999Buy On
- 35% OFF
Seagate One Touch 2TB External HDD with Password Protection – Black, for Windows and Mac, with 3 yr Data Recovery Services, and 4 Months Adobe CC Photography (STKY2000400)₹ 5114₹ 5114Buy On
- 54% OFF
Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 45mm Bluetooth (Mystic Black),SM-R840NZKAINS₹ 15990₹ 15990Buy On
- 43% OFF
Noise ColorFit Pro 3 Assist Smart Watch with Alexa Built-in, 24*7 Spo2 Monitoring, 1.55" HD TruView Display, Stress, Sleep, Heart Rate Tracking (Jet Black)₹ 3799₹ 3799Buy On
The former Real Madrid and Bayern Munich midfielder James Rodriguez has been hailed as a hero after he helped to save the life of an opponent who had suffered a heart attack during a match.
Rodriguez, who now plays in Qatar for Al-Rayyan, sprang into action when Al-Wakrah's Ousmane Coulibaly collapsed on the pitch during the first half of a league match last weekend.
According to beIN Sports USA, the Colombian adjusted Coulibaly's head to ensure that his airway remained open before medics arrived to continue the treatment.
—beIN SPORTS USA (@beINSPORTSUSA) January 12, 2022
The match was abandoned with the scoreline 1-0 to Al Rayyan. Coulibaly, 32, was taken to hospital where he remains in a stable condition.
"Thank you for your messages of support and love, Ousmane is in stable condition due to his heart attack, he regains consciousness slowly but surely. He is in very good hands," said a statement on the Malian's Instagram, which was written by his wife.
"Many thanks to God and the doctor who saved my husband's life!"
The match was rescheduled to Monday, January 10. Ahead of kick-off, the medical officials who helped save Coulibaly's life were given a guard of honor by both sides as well as members from the Qatar Stars League.
Both sets of players also held up shirts from each team with Coulibaly's name and number on.
—Qatar Stars League (@QSL_EN) January 10, 2022
Al-Rayyan went on to win the match 3-0, with Rodriguez scoring twice.
- Railway recruitment 2022: Over 2,400 apprenticeship posts announced, check out last date and other details
- DDA budget: TOD hub, cycle walk, drain projects for better Delhi
- DA budget approved: DMRC grant; allocation for housing, other projects
- Government appoints Vikram Dev Dutt as Air India chief
- Great Republic Day Sale: Best deals on microwaves, refrigerators and washing machines on Amazon
- Mythology audiobooks
- Electric car Championship
- India's win in Centurion
- Millionaires Employees
- Car with Waiting Period
- Tax Saving Investment
- Urban Company
- New Year 2022
- Upcoming new laptops
- Bank Holidays in January
- Valuable NFT Projects
- Xiaomi 11i hypercharge
- GST Input tax credit
- Public Holidays in 2022
- RBL Stocks
- Upcoming Smartphones in 2022