An undefeated boxer Musa Yamak died in the middle of a fight Saturday of a heart attack
Musa Yamakcollapsed before the third round of a boxingmatch Saturday.
- Medics rushed into the ring but could not revive the fighter.
An undefeated boxer Musa Yamak collapsed in the ring during a boxing match Saturday.
The 38-year-old German fighter made his debut in 2017, fought mostly in Germany but also Turkey, and had finished every opponent he had faced until his May 14 light heavyweight bout against Hamza Wandera.
Yamak absorbed Wandera's heavy shots in the second round that appeared to affect him going forward at the Garching boxing event, near Munich.
Video footage, which Insider has seen but has decided not to publish, shows Yamak dropping to the floor before the third round could begin. He then appeared to be non-responsive.
Medics rushed into the ring but could not revive the 175-pound fighter. He was taken to hospital but pronounced dead, the New York Post reported this week.
"We lost our compatriot Musa Askan Yamak, a boxer from Alucra, who won European and Asian championships, at a young age after a heart attack," Istanbul politician Hasan Turan, 55, tweeted at the weekend.
"I wish God's mercy on the deceased, whom we met at the Grand National Assembly of Turkey when he came to Ankara for the competition, and my condolences to his sad family and fans."
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India