Asian Beach Games in China postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic
The unprecedented health crisis has led to cancellation or postponement of many sporting events around the world in the past few months. The Tokyo Olympics too have been postponed to next year.
"The Olympic Council of Asia and the Chinese Olympic Committee are in discussion to reschedule the dates of the Sanya Asian Beach Games due to the COVID 19 pandemic," the OCA said in a statement."The three parties have been in constant contact all year regarding the Asian Beach Games in Sanya and are closely monitoring the situation on a daily basis and working together closely to adjust the dates, if required.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- MPs should put pressure on Centre to include Kerala's demands in central budget:CM
- Final stage of Budget 2021-22 commences with Halwa ceremony
- Farmers' Protest: Local eateries facing tough time due to free langars at Singhu Border
- Venture Capital funding in India hits $3.1 billion in Q4 of 2020, says KPMG report
- A scary proposal to use facial recognition and AI by an Indian state has experts fuming