Virat Kohli says he is available for ODI selection, denies any rift with Rohit Sharma
With Rohit Sharma missing the three-Test series in South Africa due to a hamstring injury and Virat Kohli 'reportedly planning' to skip the three One-day Internationals due to personal reasons, it had given rise to speculation that all is not well in the team.
In fact, former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin had fuelled speculation of a rift in the leadership group by tweeting yesterday, "Virat Kohli has informed that he's not available for the
However, Kohli said on Wednesday afternoon that he "never wanted to rest and was available for ODI selection," quashing rumours that he didn't want to play under Rohit Sharma in the three ODIs in South Africa.
On his relationship with Rohit, Kohli said, "I have no problems with Rohit. I've been clarifying this for the last two years. I'm tired of it. Any action or communication from me will never be to demean the team. I'm committed to Indian cricket."
WHO says Omicron is spreading at an unprecedented rate and warns that people should not ‘dismiss’ it as ‘mild’
Mark Zuckerberg on India’s role in building the metaverse
Popular on BI
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day