Bengal selector tests positive for COVID-19
A member of their 1989-90 Ranji Trophy winning squad, the former Bengal pacer Sensharma is learnt to have contracted the coronavirus from his wife.
Confirming this, Dalmiya told : "His wife was first tested positive for COVID-19 and after she recovered, Sagarmoyda has tested positive. But his rest of the family members have tested negative. The CAB has cleared his all his dues."The 54-year-old has been admitted to a private hospital on EM Bypass. Advertisement
West Bengal on Thursday had registered the biggest one-day spike with 344 people testing positive for COVID-19, taking the total number of confirmed cases to 4,536.
As many as 223 people have succumbed to the disease in the state so far.Earlier, the state government had attributed the death of 72 coronavirus patients to co-morbidity. TAP PDS PDS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar