Brazil and Argentina not to replay Football World Cup qualifier
The South American rivals had been slated to play the qualifier last September but the fixture was suspended less than 10 minutes after kickoff because of alleged Covid-19 rule breaches by Argentina.
"(We are) grateful to FIFA for the willingness and availability to resolve this problem under these very specific circumstances in this short span of time."
In a separate statement, the AFA said it would also seek to play a friendly on the now vacant FIFA date.
Brazil and Argentina finished first and second, respectively, in the South American zone qualifying standings for the World Cup, to be played in Qatar from November 21 to December 18.
Brazil are in Group G with Serbia, Switzerland and Cameroon while Argentina will face Mexico, Poland and Saudi Arabia in Group C.
SEE ALSO :
Tamil Nadu to float tender for setting up 100 EV charging stations along highways
World's biggest cities face worst air quality: Report
Popular on BI
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits
- Tata Power mulls 10,000 MW clean energy capacity in next five years in Rajasthan
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World