Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau are trading barbs over abs and majors, as their feud continues
AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster // AP Photo/Charles Krupa
- Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau are carrying their ongoing feud into 2020.
- The feud began last year when Koepka aired his frustrations of DeChambeau's slow play.
- This week, DeChambeau called out Koepka for his lack of abs while appearing in the "Body Issue" for ESPN the Magazine.
- Koepka was quick to respond on Twitter, saying he was "two short of a six pack" while showing off his impressive trophy case.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Brooks Koepka and Bryson DeChambeau have decided to carry their ongoing feud into 2020.
The drama between the two golfers began over a dispute of DeChambeau's slow play last year. DeChambeau, a physics major in college, takes account of everything from distance to air density before selecting which club to play. After a video of an especially excruciating shot selection of DeChambeau made the rounds on Twitter, Koepka aired out his issues with some not-so-subtle commentary.
"I just don't understand how it takes a minute and 20 seconds or a minute and 15 to hit a golf ball. It's not that hard," Koepka said on the "Golf Monthly Clubhouse" podcast after the clip of DeChambeau went viral. "It's always between two clubs. There's a miss short; there's a miss long. It really drives me nuts, especially when it's a long hitter because you know you've got two other guys or at least one guy, that's hitting before you, so you can do all your calculations. You should have your numbers."
While their beef simmered through the rest of the 2019 season, the two are now starting off 2020 with something of a bang.
While streaming on Twitch, DeChambeau took a shot at Koepka's physique in the ESPN the Magazine Body Issue, for which he posed.
"He didn't have abs, I can tell you that," DeChambeau said. "I have some abs."
Koepka, who has four major wins to his name, was quick to fire back on Twitter.
Koepka wins this round by knockout, but if these two keep feuding and can bring out the best of each other through the 2020 season, we should be in for an electric year on the PGA Tour.
Bryson goes after Brooks' physique!! pic.twitter.com/NSugaoCs1h- Eric Patterson (@EPatGolf) January 15, 2020