Canada's Olympic soccer hero saved a do-or-die penalty kick to help her team advance towards a medal
Koki Nagahama/Getty Images
- Goalkeeper Steph Labbé provided the heroics for Canada women's soccer team against Brazil on Friday.
- In the Tokyo Olympics quarterfinal match - the first of the tournament's knockout stage - Brazil challenged Canada through overtime and into penalty kicks.
- The 34-year-old netminder made a stunning, decisive save against Brazil's Rafaelle in penalty kicks to win the game for her team and power Canada through to the semifinal.
- It's the second time in three games that Labbe made a crucial PK save to help Canada secure the win.
- Check out a clip of Labbe's diving save for Team Canada below:
-#TokyoOlympics (@NBCOlympics) July 30, 2021
Popular on BI
- Realme GT Neo 2 5G review: Great performance, fine display but camera needs work
- Cryptocurrency investment 101 — here’s how to do your own research (DYOR) and invest in the right digital asset
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- Bizarre! Shubhman Gill was brought back to bat after being declared out
- Ruturaj Gaikwad and Faf du Plessis — amazing data on how the two openers led CSK to IPL 2021 championship
- Budget and safety top criteria for Chennai households during festive season:LocalCircles
- Electric bus makers on a roll as states like Maharashtra and Karnataka send in large orders
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons