Chess Grandmaster Viswanathan Anand opens an online academy to find the ‘next Anand’
Viswanathan Anandhas joined hands with WestBridge Capital to open a chess academyfor children.
- Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the academy will be online for now.
- Anand added that the fellowship programme was a long dream of his to nurture junior prodigies of the game.
The five-time chess champion said that the fellowship programme will look into “grooming, opportunity and training” for junior chess prodigies, while Anand himself will monitor the progress of the players.
This will be a fellowship program that will aim to take our most talented junior chess prodigies to the top ranks.i… https://t.co/RGtN3eR3nZ— Viswanathan Anand (@vishy64theking) 1607922732000
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the academy will be online for now. According to reports, every year five youngsters will be selected to be a part of the fellowship.
Anand added that the fellowship programme was a long dream of his to nurture junior prodigies of the game.
Interestingly, today filmmaker Aanand L. Rai too announced a biopic on the chess player, who celebrated his 51st birthday on December 11. However, it hasn’t yet been announced who will play Anand on the big screen.
INTERVIEW: Home recipes that are set for a $7 million IPO— Mrs Bector’s Food is no cookie cutter
- JP Morgan is doling out billions to fund the ‘Dirty Dozen’ Super League — the biggest disruption in the history of club football
- Domino’s India data breach allegedly exposes 1 million credit card details, 180 million order details
- Delhi’s one week curfew: checkout what is permitted and what is not
- TV ad volumes see a 3% drop during Jan-March 21 over previous quarter: TAM AdEx
- OPPO launches A54 smartphone in three variants in India starting at ₹13,490