Conor McGregor gave 'Cowboy' Cerrone's grandma a big hug after knocking him out in just 40 seconds
Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC
- Conor McGregor dominated in his return to UFC action on Saturday night, knocking out veteran fighter Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone in just 40 seconds.
- After the fight, McGregor was quick to show respect to Cerrone, going in to hug his fallen opponent, as well as his grandmother, who had entered the ring for support.
- Fans on Twitter expressed excitement to see McGregor showing love to the legendary fighter.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Conor McGregor made a statement in his return to UFC action on Saturday night, knocking out veteran fighter Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone in just 40 seconds.
McGregor charged right at the opening bell, and after missing a rocket of a left hand, clinched Cerrone and beat into his nose with his shoulder. After connecting with Cerrone's jaw with an impressive kick, McGregor sent his opponent to the ground and finished him off while some fans were still chewing their first bite of popcorn.
While McGregor has been disrespectful of some opponents in the past after his thunderous knockouts, he was quick to show love to Cerrone after his victory.
With 34 UFC bouts under his belt and a record 16 UFC finishes to his name, Cerrone is a legend of the sport. McGregor acknowledged as much after his knockout win, rushing over to hug his opponent.
McGregor's lovefest didn't stop there, as he also gave Cowboy's grandmother, Jerry Cerrone, a big hug in the ring as she entered to support her grandson.
On Twitter, fans loved the interaction.
While the amount of respect McGregor shows in his next fight will largely depend on his opponent, it's clear fans were excited to see the Irish fighter back in action on Saturday night.
Conor McGregor is a changed man now... He gave his opponent a hug and a kiss after bodying him in 40 seconds lol- (@outlawedlizzie) January 19, 2020
We're in for a treat. We are entering the era of a motivated Conor McGregor. When someone's worth hundreds of millions and fights like this, that's a scary man. But my favorite moment from today has to be Conor and Cowboy's grandma sharing a hug#UFC246 #ConorVsCowboy pic.twitter.com/DvbG4dBenc- Abhijit Bharadwaj (@TheOnlyAbhijit) January 19, 2020
The ending tho warms my heart. Such growth from McGregor to hug his and care about his opponent https://t.co/TjueVmVaS4- Katie Murphy (@kmurphhh13) January 19, 2020
They're both really good sports which really makes me happy as soon as Its called McGregor pep talks Cowboy and kisses him on the head after the fight they hug it out the McGregor hugs Cowboys mom. It's just wholesome.- Ben Godina (@GodinaBen) January 19, 2020
- Paras Defence and Space Technologies IPO: Here’s how to check allotment status
- Google’s birthday: Here's a look at the significant milestones in Google's 23-year history
- Dolce & Gabbana want to make Elon Musk the ‘King of Crypto’ — but only if he can shell out more than ₹3.8 crore for the ‘Doge Crown’
- Buy biodegradable sanitary pads for women in India
- Best baby booster seat in India
- Amazon-backed Capital Float plans to go big in the buy now, pay later segment; raises $50 million
- Where Indians work — seven charts that show you the employment map of the world’s sixth largest economy
- Alibaba, Binance, Sparkpool and other companies are scrambling to avoid any heat from China over crypto concerns
- Freshworks IPO
- Paras Defence and Space IPO
- Instagram Posts
- Mukesh Ambani
- Apple iPhone 13
- Girish Mathrubootham
- ITC Share Price
- OnePlus Nord 2 smartphone
- Upcoming Movies in India
- New Smartphone in India
- Finolex Cables Share Price
- Paras Defence and Space IPO
- Epic Games
- Elon Musk
- Aditya Birla Sun Life
- Rajasthan PTET 2021 result