Cristiano Ronaldo and partner Georgina Rodriguez announce death of their newborn son
- Cristiano Ronaldo and partner Georgina Rodriguez announced the death of their newborn son.
- "It is the greatest pain that any parents can feel," the couple wrote in a statement that was posted to social media.
Cristiano Ronaldo announced on Monday that his newborn son has died.
In a statement posted to social media and signed by both Ronaldo and his partner Georgina Rodriguez, the couple conveyed the tragic news.
Ronaldo had announced in 2021 that he and Rodriguez were expecting twins.
"It is with our deepest sadness we have to announce that our baby boy has passed away," the statement read.
"It is the greatest pain that any parents can feel."
"Only the birth of our baby girl gives us the strength to live this moment with some hope and happiness," Ronaldo wrote.
"We are all devastated at this loss, and we kindly ask for privacy at this very difficult time. Our baby boy, you are our angel. We will always love you."
Ronaldo's club and others from around the soccer world offered messages of support to the Portuguese star.
—Manchester United (@ManUtd) April 18, 2022
—David de Gea (@D_DeGea) April 18, 2022
—Marcus Rashford MBE (@MarcusRashford) April 18, 2022
—Aymeric Laporte (@Laporte) April 18, 2022
Ronaldo most recently played on Saturday in Manchester United's 3-2 win over Norwich City. Ronaldo scored a hat trick in the effort.
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps
- Couch and Surf: What’s streaming on OTT this weekend?