Devonta Freeman ejected for throwing a punch at Aaron Donald as Rams and Falcons benches clear
- Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman was ejected on Sunday for throwing a punch at Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald.
- Freeman and Donald were tangled up after a play and both benches cleared to break up the fight.
- Watch video of the incident below:
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Atlanta Falcons running back Devonta Freeman was ejected on Sunday for throwing a punch at Los Angeles Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald.The incident occurred in the third quarter when Freeman and Donald got tangled up on a play. Even after the play ended, the two continued to hold each other and exchange words. Donald began pushing Freeman backwards when Freeman swung at Donald's helmet.Advertisement
Shortly after, both benches cleared as teammates attempted to break up the fight.
After a review of the play, referees ejected Freeman.Here's video of the play:
Many in the NFL world laughed at Freeman for taking on Donald, one of the best defenders in the league and one of the best athletes.
Here's the full incident with Donald and Freeman.pic.twitter.com/0dL9GnxODp- Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) October 20, 2019
The only thing dumber than throwing a punch at a person wearing a helmet is throwing a punch at Aaron Donald wearing (or not wearing) a helmet.- Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) October 20, 2019
To my fellow Freeman: do not fight Aaron Donald. Ever. Under any circumstances.- mike freeman (@mikefreemanNFL) October 20, 2019
i, personally, do not think it's wise to try to fight aaron donald- Harry Lyles Jr. (@harrylylesjr) October 20, 2019
- Amazon pumps in money into MORE to take on the heavyweights Reliance Retail and DMart
- 30 COVID vaccine candidates being developed: Health Ministry
- INTERVIEW: Paytm trains its guns on Google while the payments app is back in Play Store
- IN PICS: Mitra and other humanoid robots help COVID-19 patients stuck in quarantine across hospitals in India
- Brands that demonstrate they care for consumers, communities and the environment will find favor with today’s and tomorrow’s consumers: Preeti Reddy, Kantar